ACE Guide Assessment – Los Angeles
- 7:00 AM
- Los Angeles @ Stoney Point
ACE: Raising the Standard
The ACE Guide Assessment tests candidates on knowledge, skills, communication, professionalism, decision-making and technical proficiency in the sport of canyoneering. ACE Certified Guides (ACE-L5) have proven their abilities and have earned the respect of the current canyoneering community in America, its leaders, peers, instructors, schools, outfitters, land managers and pioneers. Your choice to certify through ACE is a testament to your interest in being among the best trained canyoneering professionals in the country, and is a certification that you can take pride in. Whether you’re a recreational canyoneer seeking the simple benefits of professional association, or you’re seeking employment in the emerging canyoneering marketplace domestically or abroad, an ACE Guide Certification (ACE-L5) provides advantages and recognition that no other program in America delivers.
The ACE Guide Assessment is administered in 4 parts over 2 days:
- Part I: Knowledge (Day One – Written Exam) Classroom/Picnic Area.
- Part II: Skills (Day One – Knots, Rigging, Conversions, etc) Classroom/Picnic Area with anchor stations.
- Part III: Exercises (Day One-Two – On Rope Skills & Rescue) Rappel Wall.
- Part IV: Scenarios (Day Two – Multifaceted scenarios) On Location.
The fee for the ACE Guide Assessment is $295 + $100 (Registration and three year membership in ACE.)